Two new features in Airbnb messages?

Ben205
Level 10
Crewkerne, United Kingdom

Two new features in Airbnb messages?

I've recently noticed 2 features in Airbnb messages that I've not seen before. Are they new? They are to me!

The first came with an instant booking and said 'X’s check-in time is: 6PM - 8PM'. I ask X about this and he said he'd never seen it on previous bookings he'd made, but it popped up this time.

The second was 'Update from Airbnb: Y no longer needs accommodation for these dates.' This was odd, as the original request was 3 weeks ago, which I pre-approved on the day. That ran out next day, and the dates have since been booked by somebody else so are no longer available anyway. I called Airbnb but they weren't able to shed any light on this.

Have these always been there and I've just not seen them before? Or is Airbnb adding to the system (again)?

2 Replies 2
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Ben205,

The "X's check-in time is:" has been there for a few months. It's to be taken as an "ask" by the guest so make sure that they understand that they must agree with you and can't just arrive within that time just because they selected it.

This thread has a discussion on it Guest check in time is this new?

I've received the "Y no longer needs accommodation for these dates." message a few times over the past few months.

In each case I'd pre-approved the inquiry, it expired and someone else booked the dates. I presume that the message is sent if the guest has booked elsewhere for those dates as I don't always get it when a pre-approval expires.

Steve.

Ben205
Level 10
Crewkerne, United Kingdom

Thanks. I need to login and see what the traveller sees when booking.

It certainly didn't appear to be an 'ask' when it arrived and the guest thought it meant that's what time they'd be here. As I require 24 hours notice for bookings, it's not a big problem as I can always contact the guest. Shame it doesn't reference my stated check in times, though.

As for the 'room not needed' message, pointless! It would be so easy to check that the place is booked and not bother sending the message out.

I expect there will be plenty more quirks to get used to!