Unable to Remove Pre-Approval

Jenny-and-Pete0
Level 1
Clontarf, Dublin, Ireland

Unable to Remove Pre-Approval

Hi,

So we pre-approved someone a while back and have heard nothing since, so we wanted to remove their pre-approval. However when we go to the message thread, where the option to remove a pre-approval used to be, there is no option to remove it.

We've tried on the app and different browsers but can't find any way of removing the pre-approval. Has the option moved, or being removed, or what?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Jenny & Pete

20 Replies 20
Queenie0
Level 10
United States

Pre-approvals expire in 24 hours so you don't have to do anything if it's been longer than that. You can Archive old messages and Inquiries so that your mailbox isn't full with expired conversations.

If it's within the 24 hour period and you've changed your mind about pre-approving, select pre-approval again and you will have an option to Cancel the pre-approval.

Thanks guys,

It's been over a week now so we assume it's expired then. So is this just a new policy? We always used to be able to remove pre-approvals regardless of the time expired. We imagine it could seem slightly misleading to people because the persons message is still marked as pre-approved in our inbox, and there doesn't seem to be any indication given that the pre-approval has expired.

Thanks,

Jenny & Pete

Mieke0
Level 8
Amsterdam, The Netherlands

It is not a new policy. several times Airbnb asked me after a booking that took longer then those 24 hours if I still accepted the booking as they had not booked within those 24 hours.

And mind you it is not easy to forget it as Airbnb sends your guests after your pre approval every 6 hours a reminder to book in time.

One of the reasons I have stopped to use the pre approval. I am also a guest and when pre approved it gets on my nerves to receive this message every 6 hours.

Hello,

I have the same problem, I dont know how to cancel the pre aproval and a special offer, its that the same procedure?

So if anybody  else want to make a request for those dates its not blocked dates thats it?

Thank you in advance

Regards

Mariana

When you preapprove someone it blocks the reservation request out of inventory for 24 hours. Therefore, if another guest wanted to book for the same time your place does show not show up on the listing.

Hi,

Will I get penalty if within the 24 hour period I will cancel pre-approval?

Can someone help us to cancel a pre-approval that has surpassed 24hrs already. The help section is not accurate. There is no button to remove pre-approval.

The help section says there is a button to remove pre-approval...it does not state that it only lasts 24hours.  At another place, however,  they say a pre-approval expires after 24 hours, yet the cutomer's contact history shows as pre-approved still.  I do not recall having seen at any time a follow up request for approval of a guest following any 24 hour period and hope Airbnb can clarify. 

So how do i un-approve a customer i dont like who hasnt yet made a reservation?

Secondly how do i cancel a special offer? Is there an expiration?  Nothing in the help section about this.

For me, having the word 'expired' or 'pre-approval expired' after 24 hrs on the guest's message history (for both guest and host) would be enough to solve this issue. I also regret not being able pro-activley to remove a pre-approval when I know a new guest is going to gazump a pre-approved booking; the 24 hr exipiry is fine, but having enquirers from months ago on my systen with 'pre-approved' next to their name unsettles me, and may mislead them.

The pre-approval does not dissapear....ever...and there is no longer any button for removing pre-approvals. The calendar dates for a pre-approval are still open. You can go and block off those dates that you approved, and the status of the pre-approval will change to "not possible". However, if you go back and unblock those dates again, the preapproval comes back.

It's probably yet another airbnb glitch. I notified airbnb a couple of weeks ago but haven't heard anything back.

Well I am caught in a situation now where I need to remove a pre-approval that I gave on January 28th. I have found out that it is a large group that want to stay the weekend, and the person that made the inquiry is not the person that will be heading that group. There is no way to remove the pre-approval. So, as you can see the pre-approval still stands......given three weeks ago!

Matías0
Level 1
Buenos Aires, Argentina

I'm also unable to remove a pre approval!

I checked with Airbnb yesterday (on facebook) about my concern that a three week pre-approval was still open. The explanation I received was that it "only shows as open but is not". Another glitch.

Okay...here's my problem...the pre-approvals STILL appear to be in effect after 24 hours. However, I've noticed that I'm not being allowed to cancel them. The button has simply disappeared. Has anyone else noticed this? 

I had guests who wanted to book for 9 days, but then asked me if they cancelled the last two days with a week's notice, would they get a full refund? (I have a strict cancellation policy, when meant they would only get half back, which is what I told them.) Well, quite frankly, I don't want them to book with me at all because given a couple of other questions they asked, they seem very indecisive and I don't want the hassle of dealing with them, especially not in high season when my bookings are generally solid.

I tried to cancel their pre-approval but couldn't. This is the second time this has happened, and it's happened after 24 hours, when supposedly, their pre-approval is no longer in effect, although that's not what it says on my bookings page--it still says they are pre-approved.

So I blocked one day out of the middle of their trip, but if I unblock it, they could come back and book. I'm also putting off potential guests if I leave that blocked day up too long. So what's going on here? Has anyone else noticed this?