Unable to re-register my property as a short term rental

Debra48
Level 10
Los Angeles, CA

Unable to re-register my property as a short term rental

I'm wondering if anyone in this community can help me with a problem this seasoned Plus Superhost cannot figure out. Since I can't get any assistance from Airbnb CS, because evidently they fired every last support person, maybe someone here can help.

So I get a notice from Airbnb that my property will no longer be listed as a short-term rental, and that it will continue as a 30-day listing, due to the fact that it's time for my annual re-registration with the City of Los Angeles. I pay the City's annual renewal fee, submit required documents and receive a message back saying I've been approved. I next go into my listing, but get the same pop-up message saying I need to register with the city. So I hit the Register button, and the next pop-up window says:  "Congrats, your registration was approved." (And Airbnb has put my permit number on my listing as required by the City.) Yet, I am still stuck in the 30-day listing section and can't get my listing moved back to short term. The same two pop-up windows come up again and again: 1) Register your property and 2) Congratulation. your registration was approved. Meanwhile, I'm missing out on business. What a colossal waste of time.

4 Replies 4
David7209
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

I am having the exact same problem!  It has been a little over two weeks now. The city of LA had an issue renewing my registration so they ended up giving me a new registration number which complicates things even more. Still, the link to register your listing or edit your listing registration is not working on their site. I have been in touch with their support department via phone and messages so many times but they seem completely useless. They have assured  me that they are aware of this problem that is affecting certain hosts and have sent it to their elevated support group. But it has been two weeks and they still can’t seem to fix the issue. I’m wondering how many other hosts in LA this is affecting. Please let me know if you hear any update from them!

Debra48
Level 10
Los Angeles, CA

Get in touch with a support person. Tell him/her you need to put the minimum number of nights to 1. Then try to re-register. Pretty sure your registration will go thru. After that you can change your minimum nights to whatever. Just went thru this with a committed support person who kept tinkering with workaround until one finally solved the issue. 

Joshua134
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

same problem with LA registration and the system providing error messages.  each CS agent cant help, then moves you to chat for a response, then closes the ticket. trying to post my issue on community is also impossible; error messages and deleted posts...

Elizabeth2200
Level 1
Long Beach, CA

My problem is that I registered with Long Beach and paid the fee weeks ago but have not heard from the city with a registration #. Now my time is up to register with Airbnb. Anybody?