Unable to sync with Booking.com

Sarah1689
Level 2
York, United Kingdom

Unable to sync with Booking.com

I have just noticed following a double booking that the calendar sync with booking.com has failed.  I have reported as a bug but doesn't anyone else hae the same problem and updated from Airbnb on when this will be fixed?

17 Replies 17
Wesley58
Level 3
Albany, NY

That definitely sucks. I've had this happen before. Unfortunately, AirBnB is a lot more punishing for cancellations, so I ended up letting that guest of the two stay. It's an unfortunate dilemma for sure. Have you considered using a channel manager? I use Guesty, and it seems to do a good job - no double bookings so far. 

***[To view listings, hover over profile image and click, 'View profile']

**[E-mail address & phone number hidden due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

Hi Sarah,

I just noticed your post. I posted this issue earlier under 'calendar synching problem'. It appears to be a universal problem. I have raised it with the tech team, but in the meantime I have had to cancel a double booking for the first time & I'm not happy about it!

If your cancellation only was only a partial double booking (e.g. it was for a week, when you had a prior 4 day booking ), do the dates now show as available?  Or do they just show CANCELLED?  As I can't get mine to show as AVAILABLE now, and Airbnb are failing to respond. 

Problem solved!

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Karla195 

Glad to hear it's sorted! Was it something the tech team did or did you find a way to fix yourself?

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Heather289
Level 4
London, United Kingdom

I had this problem - my booking.com calendar was fine, but all my booking.com bookings dropped out of my Airbnb calendar.

I noticed when I received two Airbnb bookings which double-booked on some dates that I had already taken booking.com bookings months ago.

I contacted Airbnb to ask why their calendar was not picking up Booking.com bookings - they said it was Booking.com's fault. 

I manually put all the Booking.com bookings in my Airbnb calendar and I contact the two guests who had been double booked.    Airbnb agreed to cancel them without penalty to either them or me, and I have booked them into another flat I have.

BUT - in the meantime, their original Airbnb bookings are shown in my calendar as "£0.00 CANCELLED" - but the dates are shown as NOT AVAILABLE.   I cannot override this - I have contacted Airbnb daily and they have failed to reply or do anything about it.

I manually changed them to AVAILABLE on Booking.com, but everytime it syncs with Airbnb, it flips back to "Airbnb booking" on Booking.com.

So now, through absolutely no fault of my own, I have empty days which I cannot fill on either Airbnb or Booking.com - and despite being a SUPERHOST and having a 4.9 star average, Airbnb JUST WILL NOT REPLY TO ME. 

Anyone got any advice for me???  

Heather - I feel your pain! BUT, Airbnb did alter the cancellation status for me (via phone), so don't take no for an answer! See conversation below...

Karla 20:17 The problem is solved, however, would you kindly remove the fact that I had to cancel a guest as this could affect my future option to cancel for an emergency and hence I could be penalised. Thank you

6 APRIL 2019 Airbnb Support Airbnb Support 10:13 You can call us back Karla so that we can fix the cancellation and wont affect your account. Thank you

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Heather289 ,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with the calendar. I am happy to look into the CS case you have - has there been anymore movement on it as of Satuday when you posted?

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Sarah1689 @Karla195 @Heather289 @Wesley58 I feel like every booking.com reservation is an issue. I noticed a couple of days ago that the calendar has not been syncing for about a  month. On another note, do any of you charge a security deposit for booking.com stays? How do you handle them? I do payments by booking.com and with those I have not found an easy way of dealing with deposits. Thanks

Hey! I don't usually charge security deposits to guests, however with Booking I would. I noticed the quality of guest is lower with them. I typically have a shared calendar where I see all of my reservations from all channels, but a channel manager is probably for the best. Consider SmartBnB for beginners or Guesty for experienced hosts. Fantastic Stay is a good alternative to Guesty. 

As for payments, I too have trouble with booking. I don't really have advice for that. 

Jose861
Level 1
Pasig, Philippines

I also have the same problem.  I cannot import booking calendar to my airbnb account... When will this be fixed?

Sherry171
Level 1
Calgary, Canada

Yes having the same problem.  It started on May 8, 2019 simultaneously with Calendar sync (export) of Booking.com calendar to Airbnb and to Tripadvisor - so its most likley a Booking.com calendar export problem as a change made at Airbnb could not have effected Trip Advisor.  I have sent multiple support requests and they just keep telling me to keep trying try logging out, clear my cache, and to import the Booking.com calendar again.  It throws an error message on the Airbnb site "unable to import this calendar".  Has anyone solved this?

I had earlier problems with Booking.com calendar not in sync with Airbnb. It has now been resolved by Booking.com. However, now I am having problems with Airbnb calendar not in sync with the forthcoming booking made through Booking.com. 

Does anyone know how to report to Airbnb? Thanks.

Zena17
Level 2
Amherst, Canada

I am now having this problem as well!! guest booked on booking.com and it did not show up on Airbnb