Unsure how guests know so much about my listing

Lydia262
Level 2
Marysville, CA

Unsure how guests know so much about my listing

Hello fellow hosts.

I have, just this last week, decided to rent a room in my house and it is all happening so fast my head is spinning. I'm fully booked for the next month and a half!  At ridiculously low prices. First guest arrives on the 20th.

My concern is that descriptions and words I've typed have been modified AND it feels that THEY know a lot more than I've indicated. Like the brand name of my security cameras!  I am dubious now.

4 Replies 4
Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Lydia262 Maybe you should block some dates until you get your feet under you and figure out pricing. Getting booked so quickly does likely mean your pricing is too low for your market. Did set your pricing yourself, or go with Airbnb's suggestions? The Airbnb pricing suggestions are always extremely low: I would recommend looking at other listings  in your neighbourhood to figure out what to charge. You are in control of your pricing: don't let Airbnb tell you what to charge.

I'm not sure what you mean by the listing text being modified. Only you control what's on the listing.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Lydia262 

The brand name of your security cams is mentioned in the house rules section. I assume you created text yourself, including the weapons text ? Your listing is priced $47,- a night. There are no discounts.

The title of the listing shows a number in it, is it your housenumber ? Then house is easy to locate for strangers, as direct search shows the streetname and also you have a foto of front (?) exterior on the listing.

best regards,

Emiel

Mike1034
Level 10
Mountain View, CA

@Lydia262 When a new listing is created, you need to go through this wizard which ask you questions for you to answer. Those answers will be displayed on your listing. e.g. The disclosure of surveillance devices and weapons.

You did have a house number on the title of your listing. In addition, you have a lot of details such as neighbor's dog, stairs, some of kitchen appliances etc. You may edit those and disclose what you think is necessary for a guest to know and remove those which you think that they don't have to know.

Lydia262
Level 2
Marysville, CA

Thanks for the advice.

I'm still learning.