Upcycling Pillows?

Jennifer1421
Level 10
Peterborough, Canada

Upcycling Pillows?

Does anyone have any fab ideas on how to upcycle/repurpose  pillows that have seen better days (other than making throw pillows)? Hoping to keep them out of the landfill, and would prefer to keep them out of the donation bin (as they're likely to end up in the landfill anyway), and would love to hear what others do. Tips and tricks for a non-sewing, arts & crafts-challenged person very welcome!

5 Replies 5
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

If you don't find a use, @Jennifer1421 , you could phone the local animal shelter. Some shelters take old pillows and bedding. 

I have made cushions for outside chairs from old pillows, but that involves sewing. 

That's a great idea, @Lawrene0 , thank you! We have a wonderful no-kill shelter here that's always in need. Will check with them.

Chris232
Level 10
Petersfield, United Kingdom

@Jennifer1421 @Lawrene0   You could always make a giant teddy bear .... Airbnb ... Air Bed n Bear.

On a cold winters evening am sure he will be well hugged

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

@Jennifer1421 doesn't sew, and I do, but my standards are pretty low, so maybe not, @Chris232 .

It gets cold in Canada in winter, but not so cold that anyone would hug any Frankenstein-ish bear I would come up with... 

Great idea, though, for someone with bear-making skills!

Jennifer1421
Level 10
Peterborough, Canada

Bahaha! @Lawrene0 @Chris232 

This is totally what I see myself velcro-ing together:

Please hug me...Please hug me...