Valencia Attic Apartment sth wrong with the host

Adrianna-and-Darius0
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Valencia Attic Apartment sth wrong with the host

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/888048

I am trying to book this one since last Sunday, I got reply from the host that apartment is free and they are happy to allocate us, so I sad yes, great pls just accept our request, never happened. Then I request a booking again and again, they has never accepted it, Only message I have received that they also have another apartment that I can book. But I dont want another place, I want the one they show in the link! dates are still available, not sure whats wrong with the host.

1 Reply 1
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Adrianna-and-Darius0 Hmm.  That's very strange, especially since hosts who don't respond to booking requests are penalized.  Sounds to me that this host, which apparently is a company and not an individual,  may have this listing on other booking sites and hasn't updated his Airbnb calendar.  I'm a bit concerned, too, that the general description at the top of the page is Airbnb's canned default language when a host doesn't enter any information. 

Bottom line, you can keep making reservation requests if you want to, but be careful.  Possible that this isting really doesn't exist and he wants you to book another place.  Also, if this hosts sends you any kind of email, even though it may look legitimate with Airbnb logos, etc. asking you to pay by bank wire transfer, run away as fast as you can! For your protection never communicate or pay outside of the Airbnb site. 

I'm sensing enough red flags here that would cause me to look elsewhere especially if the listing looks too good to be true. 

Please let me know what the final result is and if you have questions...ask away!