Weird enquiries

Catherine145
Level 1
Castlemartyr, Ireland

Weird enquiries

Hi - I'm new to this and quite excited but I keep getting enquiries for my space at a much lower rate than I have listed it - one enquirer told me the room was listed for €10! When I look at the listing I see the correct price - any idea what's going on? Thanks
4 Replies 4
Elena117
Level 1
Follonica, Italy

Dear Catherine,

I have the same problem. As I can see that your post is dated monts ago, Have you found any solutions in the meantime?

Thanks a loto,

Elena

Amaris0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi,  

Have you got smart pricing on? The pattern of your pricing looks very much like smart pricing but without a minimum price. I have looked at your listing over a 7 day period and below are the daily rates I got

2nd June - £40

3rd June - £8

4th June - £8

5th June - £44

6th June - £48

7th June - £48

8th June - £48

I would suggest you check your pricing setting to be sure it is not on smart pricing or if it is, that you have minimum amount per night; follow path below

• Host
  • Manage listing, click on listing which will open a default calendar page
  • Price setting

If the issue is not with smart pricing, then I would contact Airbnb to report the problem. You could manually change the wrong day by day in the calendar but if there is a fault the is no guarantee that it won’t change back.

I hope you get it sorted soon.

Ama

Amaris0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi again, 

Just to confirm since you have two listings, the listing I checked was for the room only.

Ama

Sibylle8
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Ha yes!

I have also had someone wanting to rent the room for a month, get a discount for helping with hoovering... stay away.

Recently there have also been some really aggressive enquiries. One man called Robin Liston from Spain claimed he was unable to submit his credentials to airbnb, then blamed me for the poor website. O dear. Some people!

Kind wishes

S