What happens when a guest does not turn up?

Martin-and-Suzanne0
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

What happens when a guest does not turn up?

I had a guest book a couple of months ago for a 4 day stay this week.  She never turned up..  I contacted her on the second day to see if everything was ok - and nothing, no reponse.  The orange juice is still outside her door, the key safe has not been touched.  I have been paid, however, what happens to reviews?

Tonight is the last night she may or may not turn up...

I have never been in this situation before...

17 Replies 17

Yes, you will get paid!!!  Do not dig too hard otherwise airBnb may not pay you. 

I had a guest one time use a stolen credit card. (I dont know this for certain as I did not see the credit card) but im pretty sure it was stolen. They booked 7 days. If I would have reported the suspicious activity, I would have gotten nothing Zero Zilch. Dont dig too hard otherwise you may not get anything.

Dont open a can of worms.

Kevin1056
Level 6
Los Angeles, CA

What happens is that you will get paid.

Occasionally guests will not show up... Don't make a big deal of it. After a certain period of time (depending on the Cancellation policy) guests cannot get a refund so it makes sense that they would not cancel the reservation just so that you could make double the money.

Guests are sometimes smarter than we give them credit for. 

I had a guest one time book 7 days, the day that he checked in said that he had to go to Mexico last minute and would not need the space, but he never cancelled. I was actually going to rebook the days using a different platform, but I didnt feel right (and Murphys Law)... Low and behold he ended up coming back for several days towards the end of his reservation, that was a close call. So if a guests doesnt show up and the guest does not cancel the days then the best thing to do is not do anything.

Martin-and-Suzanne0
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

I am sorry, I never did reply!

So the lady that was booked never did turn, never responded to my messages and I still got paid.  There were no reviews written by either of us.  On looking at her profile recently she has got a review in Portland last month so fingers crossed she is safe, just has lost the art of communication at our place!