What rating do you need to become a Superhost on Airbnb?

Aram14
Level 2
Barcelona, Spain

What rating do you need to become a Superhost on Airbnb?

Hello,

It seems that there is no clear, or at least updated answer to what rating you need to have to qualify for becoming a Superhost on Airbnb. So, here's your answer.

You need a cancellation rate of less than 1%, a response rate of at least 90% and you must have had at least 10 stays. These three requirements are fairly easy to achieve and have been the same for quite some time.

The fourth and probably also the most difficult requirement is that you need an overall rating of 4.8.

4.8 actually means 4.750 or higher, meaning, you need a rating of 4.750 or higher.

It is this last detail, in particular, that has no clear answer provided for on this community forum, or anywhere else on the Airbnb platform. Even customer service might give you different answers for this one.

As of September 2019, it works like this.

The criteria say "overall rating of 4.8 or higher". The overall rating is rounded up to one decimal. Meaning that if you have 4.749, it will be rounded up to 4.7, and if you have 4.750 it will be rounded up to 4.8, and thereby qualifying you for Superhost status. The rating that is taken into account is the overall rating with one decimal, not the more exact rating of two decimals, the one that appears on your listing.

I hope some hosts who want to become Superhosts or some Superhosts that want to keep their status, find this information useful. 🙂

5 Replies 5
Ana-Y-Juan0
Level 10
Barcelona, Spain

Hola @Aram14 

Esta en un foro Hispano partante. Creo que el administrador  eliminara, tu comentario .!!!! ..!!!!!

saludos

Ramon1
Level 10
Barcelona, Spain

Hi @Ramon1,

Thanks for the tip. But I think this is already published in the English forum. Isn't it?

When I go to the English forum and search for the article, then I can find it.

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Community-Center/ct-p/community-center

When I go to the Spanish forum and do the same, then I can't.

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Centro-de-la-Comunidad/ct-p/centro-de-la-comunidad

So, it's already published in the English forum, right? Thanks! 🙂

Very strange @Aram14,

I saw your post in the Spanish Community dashboard, as I guess it happened to @Ana-Y-Juan0. But yes, as you say, it seems to be published in the English site only because I can't see it here anymore.

Crys4
Level 2
Cebu City, Philippines

Hi Everyone, Just a friendly announcement that this first week of October we will celebrating the Opening of Maskarra festival here in City of Smile Bacolod. If you are interested to witness and to enjoy this event you may contact me for your reservations.IMG_20190925_012752.jpg