What will it take to get AirBnB to add "optional services" menu to our listings?

Geoff22
Level 10
Bellevue, WA

What will it take to get AirBnB to add "optional services" menu to our listings?

I cannot understand why after all this time AirBnB has not given hosts the ability to list "optional services" with fixed charges that guests can just tic off and pay for when they book?  Give hosts a blank page of up to 4 (or more) things they can fill in with prices; "pet fee" or "breakfast items"  "roll away bed" or any number of other things that hosts could offer.

As it stands now,  it's quite awkward to have a guest book, and then have to say "Oh, I see you are bringing a dog.  As stated in our listing, there is a $20 pet fee, which will be collected via the resolution center."  - Now I have to hope they READ the listing and are OK with that.  

It would be so much simpler and easier for everyone if the options were presented at booking time.

Please - tell me - what do we have to do to get AirBnB to make this possible?

36 Replies 36

If the host has an Uber account they could go through that with a link maybe???

Sally221
Level 10
Berkeley, CA

This is a great idea IF it ever got implemented- airbnb, if you are listening, here's extra cash you can hold onto during the float time between guest booking & host being paid!  Personally, here in Berkeley,  I'd love to offer a graduation day package or move- out day sanity restorer kit  for proud/frazzled Cal parents, Sally

Martin949
Level 2
Copenhagen, Denmark

I agree. I asked a few years ago, but hope it could be a new feature soon. We do not carge cleaning, as we ask our guests to do so. If you carge for cleaning - even a small amount - the guest asume you do the cleaning. We offer cleaning for an additional price, and it would be nice if it was an option when they book. I could also think of other services we could offer, that they could choose when booking. Hope to see this implemented soon 🙂 //Martin

Josef53
Level 1
Prague, Czech Republic

This would help a lot otherwise you always hope the guests read the whole listing or you end up surprising them.

Victor347
Level 2
San Juan, Puerto Rico

Awesome Idea...

PLEASE Airbnb add the 'pet fee' or 'extra services' option.  Homeaway and Tripadvisor lettings have this without no issue.  We don't like having to change the price or request money via a resolution.  

Anna1607
Level 2
Worthing, United Kingdom

Yes, hosts and guests need this Airbnb!

Why do multiple listing letting 'companies' benefit from these options and single home hosts don't?

Would be easier and more elegant for everyone rather than chasing guests for small payments here and there via the resolution centre.