Why we do it....

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Why we do it....

We started hosting a year ago. We have met and made friends with so many amazing people from different corners of the globe (yes and earned a bit of money)... but for us it is really about meeting such lovely interesting people. We have new friends, people we chat with on FB and people who we now stay with as frienda in Europe and the US, and who come to stay with us as friend. I am old enought to remeber writing letters - .....so much easier today.

4 Replies 4
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Love this, @Gerry-And-Rashid0! I also love your answers to so many questions on this forum. Always positive, thoughtful, reasonable and extremely helpful. Just so you know. 🙂

Dawn33
Level 10
San Marcos, TX

I am still a pup in the Airbnb world, but I feel the same way.

For me, it is the celebration of visual and sensory living. A paint color, a new use for something, fresh ground coffee.

I have had a couple of duds, but I have shared my home with some incredibly gracious humans.

Good stuff.

Vivek0
Level 3
Amritsar, India

I'm hosting since three years almost on Airbnb...Reason?   I love traveling....and traveling I Am,since I started hosting...Traveling while staying at home,through people coming to stay with us from all over the world...USA,Europe,Siberia,Israel....and I'm in touch with maximum number of friends(guests).... 

Hosting on Airbnb,took me to my first trip to Paris last year for Airbnb open....Unbelievable...but true....

I am afraid my ideals are not as lofty as others, but I am a businessman. Hosting was dropped into our lap with the purchase of a house with a 2 bedroom guesthouse. We were unable to find a suitable long term tenant so we decided to try Airbnb. The gamble has paid off with huge dividends. Like others, we have enjoyed meeting new people and experiencing cultures from all around the world, but hosting is also going to give me the freedom to leave the corporate world before I am too old to enjoy life and before the kids are out of the house too.