Yet another reason to never cancel

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

Yet another reason to never cancel

According to a post on a hosting FB page, when a host cancels a reservation the guest automatically gets a five-star review and recommendation, allowing them to instant-book with other hosts who require positive reviews. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

12 Replies 12
Ricardo85
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

@Lisa723 

Can you post the FB link?

Ricardo

Se você achou esta resposta útil não deixe de dar um "Like".

Meu Perfil.

Coloque "@Ricardo". Assim eu recebo uma notificação.

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Ricardo85 it's a private group, so you can't see it if you aren't a member.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/353188615164548/permalink/694865114330228/

Ricardo85
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

@Lisa723 

When I try to access this link it says it is broken or the page have been removed.

Ricardo

Meu Perfil.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Ricardo85 

The link works, it shows homepage of the FB group, with invitation to join

Ricardo85
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

What is the group's name?

Meu Perfil.

@Ricardo85 yes, the link won't work if you aren't a member of the group. "AirBnB / HomeAway / Vacation Rental MasterMind Group"

@Lisa723 

take a screenshot and post it here. If possible with comments under it.

@Branka-and-Silvia0 I think that would be a violation of the page rules-- in general I don't repost non-public screenshots. Sorry!

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Lisa723 I would believe this. When a host cancels it also counts as a review for the host. I have seen listings with "10 reviews" but 9 of them were automatic cancellations. So I would believe that it also counts as a review for a guest.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Lisa723 @Emilia42 

does it mean when the guest cancels we will get 5* review and recommendation? 😄

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Lisa723 Unless this is a very recent development, I don't believe it's true. I cancelled someone fairly recently due to being uncomfortable. Call me nosy, but I kept an eye on the account because I was curious if I was right be concerned. They found another place to stay and subsequently got a very poor review. There was no recommendation or placeholder review on the account (unless everything was behind the scenes).

@Alexandra316 did perhaps CS cancel the guest for you?

I don't see a Host Cancellation on your profile... I didn't scroll too far.

This doesn't make sense (not that anything on ABB has to make sense! It often doesn't!!) bc reviews are never automatic but always quite cumbersome.

When there is a Host Cancellation, then that appears as from the guest who was cancelled by the host and I think it is only text, no stars. Nothing similar appears on the Guest's page (that I have ever seen!!)