any disgruntled prostitutes out there?

Kadek1
Level 2
Bali, Indonesia

any disgruntled prostitutes out there?

I am currently feeling like a prostitute getting reapeatedly beaten up by her pimp, money taken away despite the client willing to pay, all because AirBnB's procedures and policies trump human compassion!

I'm afraid the growth of the AirBnB robot has put stark limits on emotional intelligence. We're really facing an Artificial Intelligence, not real people.. Well, even when we do get to chat with the few humans who work at AirBnB, their ability to help us is hindered because they are enslaved by the robots!

I've had AirBnB dishing out 50% refund because a guest posted a photo of an ant crawling on a bedsheet, and again for showing a photo of mold in an outside bathrooms (in the tropics during wet season)... and lately they issued a full refund to a guest who experienced a natural disaster in a different state -- despite the guest willing to honor one day's cancelation fee because they didn't get to tell us until day 2 of their 4 day stay.

The AirBnB host guarantee is also a joke. I had a guest destroy a window, damage floors and walls, and AirBnB only gave us 20% of the cost of fixing it. 

We're in Indonesia, so I don't see litigation as an effective means of fighting back. Apart from moving on and bidding goodbye to this platform, is there any other option? I manage AirBnB on behalf of a number of retirees who have begun to somewhat depend on their rentals. It's a classic case of the prostitute getting dependent on the pimp, I'm afraid...

*Sunday morning musings turning into ravings*

🙂

Kadek

1 Reply 1
John1574
Level 10
Providence, RI

@Kadek1

I'm with you on all of that.

The best thing to do is to tighten up control of whom you book.  It sounds like you are getting some bad guests and having some bad luck both.

I'd look at your listing and at ways to discourage problematic guests.  There are lots of good ideas on this forum.

I'm sure you'll get some other ideas shortly.

Nice title, by the way.

Thumbs up if you like a post.