calculating the airbnb fee + occupancy tax cost when offering a special deal to a guest?

calculating the airbnb fee + occupancy tax cost when offering a special deal to a guest?

A guest wants to know what their total cost for a long stay will be and I cannot on my side see or know what the cost of the airbnb fees and occupancy taxes are.........so how do I calculate?

For instance I want to get X amount, but what will the guest be charged? X+?

2 Replies 2
Dean11
Level 4
Shanghai, China

I just posted a method to use only Airbnb income amount to determine how much within that amount is TAT and GET.  Haven's seen it pop up yet, but you might try it out and see if it is what you are looking for.

I use the Tax Department pamphlet "An Introduction to the Hawaii Transient Accommodations Tax" April, 2016 and the section on "visible disclosures".

When Airbnb tells me the money is headed to my bank, I use the amount as "Gross Rental Income*" and work backwards to determine GET/TAT.  Then I email my tenant showing amounts he has paid.

* Gross Rental Income = Pmt Received / (1+(.0925+.0450))

Dean

Tracey475
Level 2
Corpus Christi, TX

Did you ever get an answer to this question.  I have a guest wanting to know their fees for a longer stay and I don't know how it is calculated through the site.