cancellation ,

Ketevan5
Level 2
Tbilisi, Georgia

cancellation ,

Hello guys, 

i have a very bad situation and i'd love to have your advice. last year in September i hosted several people, after that i blocked all the dates till the end of september of 2018, i wasn't checking my account since then. it appears that i got 7 reservations in Octomber, i am surprised how it happend cause i never used instant booking. I'm not able to host these guests and had to cancel reservations but airbnb is charging me 50$ per cancellation. Does anyone know how to wave the fee? i'm  even planning to deactivate my account cause i'm not using it more than a year. please help. 

5 Replies 5
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

hello @Ketevan5 ,

it is your responsibility to check your account. If you blocked until end of september, then october is available. It is strange that you have confirmed reservations without IB on. So before cancelling you could have contacted Airbnb to explain problem, and maybe they could have cancelled them penalty free. For now: The cancellation penalty fees will be in your Transaction History and will be deducted from your next payout. But probably there will be no payout anymore, as you consider closing the account ? IMHO Airbnb will be happy with that....case closed !

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Ketevan5  You should have Snoozed the listing. AirBnB will collect the money from any future dates you book even a year from now. If you have a payment option linked to your account they may actually charge that. I am surprised you were only charged $50 each usually only the first one is $50 and the rest at $100. 

Letti, Thank you for the advice, do u know how can i contact airbnb via whatsapp or viber ? thank u 

Ketevan5
Level 2
Tbilisi, Georgia

thank you guys for your advices, could you tell me how can i contact airbnb through whatsapp or viber ? 

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Ketevan5  There is no direct phone number in your area. I would suggest a direct message to AirbnbHelp on Twitter.

Here's how to sign up with Twitter:  https://help.twitter.com/en/create-twitter-account

Once your account is created log in to Twitter click on the little box on the top righthand side that says search twitter. Type in AirbnbHelp  and hit the enter key. Click on the righthand side the little tab that says follow and hit enter. Then on top will be a Messages click on that and start a conversation. Type in air and click on AirbnbHelp send a direct message with all the information you have put together in the message. Then hit send. It sounds complicated, but it's really not only about 5-10 minutes and once set up it's instant to contact them via message just by logging into your Twitter account.