Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

change cancellation policy

change cancellation policy

«Airbnb allows hosts to choose among three standardized cancellation policies (Flexible, Moderate, and Strict) that we enforce to protect both hosts and guests. A host's cancellation policy can be found in the Prices section of their listing page. Guests must agree to the host's cancellation policy when they make a reservation.»

I went to, not a Prices section that doesn't exist, but to my Pricing section as a Host, but couldn't find the options above for fixing any of them: I find the menus in this site not very clear to find, there are very few in each window that opens and I've been searching for half an hour withou sucess, it may be hard here to do... Could anyone tell me please how step by step I arrive to defining my cancellation policy as a Host?

Thanks in advance!

7 Replies 7
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Jaime-Alberto-Dos-Santos0 They've moved it!  It's now under Check In.  Who would have thought to look there?  

Hope this helps!

Thanks a lot, Clare, I really found it under the Terms tab: so Help in this site isn't quite up to date...

@Jaime-Alberto-Dos-Santos0 For me, Terms is gone and I can only change the cancellation poilicy under Check In.  What kind of device are you using?  I suppose it's different based on the device. 

@Jaime-Alberto-Dos-Santos0 - check out this Help Guide: https://community.airbnb.com/t5/General-Hosting/Changing-Cancellation-Policies-and-Check-In-Check-Ou...

@Clare0 - I am still stuck in the old universe as well.  It makes it hard to give advice and I will need to update some Help Guides when I do get to come play with all the cool kids!

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Experienced Co-Host

@Dave-and-Deb0 Ah, cool kids?  

@Clare0, all the hosts who have the new look.  Just trying to be funny!

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Experienced Co-Host

The staggered rollout of new interface features is more than just annoying. Given the confusing and weak nature of the AirBnB interface(s) in general and the very, very poor level of explanation from AirBnB itself (hence all the activity in the host forums), it borders on abusive lack of concern. As if AirBnB conducts not only simple usability tests of interface changes, but cynical sink-or-swim experiments, which we never know we're participating in.

Right now, I still like AirBnB (we've done quite well with them), but their growing Uber-like abuse of their providers and customers is tilting me toward investigating other near-identical services. I'd prefer to manage only a single service, but we're considering branching out. And that's a shame. AirBnB could be so much better if they wanted to be.