cleaning fees

Brooke-And-Eric0
Level 1
Clearwater, Canada

cleaning fees

Hello, this is my first year hosting and i am trying to figure out my best option for cleaning fees. We live in an area where it is driven by tourism and slows down tremendously in the winter. During the summer we rent out for $350  plus $100 cleaning fee but in the slow season we can only rent out for 80-100 so I cant charge a $100 cleaning fee. In the winter when it is slower I will be cleaning the home myself but in the summer we have to hire someone as I have two small children at home. I recently had to remove my cleaning fee and adjust my nightly rate from $350 to $450 a night for next summer. Is there any way to set the cleaning fee to certain amounts for certain dates? or does anyone have any suggestions for what I could do?

1 Reply 1
Kaylee18
Level 10
Hamilton, Canada

@Brooke-And-Eric0     I'd suggest keep your summer pricing and cleaning fees the same since they worked for you this summer.

For the winter I would add the cleaning fee into your nightly price and put 0 as cleaning fee. Since you can't have a different cleaning fee per night this allows you to change your nightly price to whatever you want by just adding the cleaning fee into it