do i need to provide breakfast

Virginia7
Level 2
Old Reynella, Australia

do i need to provide breakfast

Why are we called Air BnB sugesting "Bed & Breakfast" if providing some sort of breakfast is optional. I have asked guests if they have any food allergies & most guest are not terribly fussy

2 Replies 2

Hello @Virginia7,

You are right Breakfast is optional. And is necessary to be provided only if your amenities state so.

If you Google how the company started, you'd know why it is called AirBnB, however in order to bring on board more hosts, the breakfast feature is kept optional as it not possible for alll hosts to provide complimentary breakfast.

Good day 🙂

Jeet

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Virginia7....Yeah Virginia, the BNB bit is a bit of a euphomism! In general those who do provide some sort of breakfast will be those who host in their own house and do NOT have multiple listings. It's up to you, some hosts are making a nice bit of extra money on the side by charging for and providing meals for guests.....not just breakfast but evening meals. I have even seen on the CC in 'The Living Room' thread, lovely menus that hosts like @David & Fiona in the Phillipines are providing for their guests. At times I do it myself for our hosting. I select meals that are easy to 'finish' and can be easily adapted to suit dietary requirements like Chicken, Mushroom, Pumkin, Asparagus Risotto.......or Chicken, potato, Leak and Thyme individual pies. These dishes are absolute winners and cost next to nothing to prepare.

All I will say is, if you decide to offer a full hosting experience including the provision of some meals it will guarantee you 5 star reviews!!!

Good luck Virginia.....cheers....Rob