extra guests

Damien109
Level 1
Bawley Point, AU

extra guests

had guests staying that informed me there were 6 of them. However i found out that there were 8 of them. dont want to leave a bad review but they knew the limit was 6 as they have previously stayed and tried to book for 7 to which i declined. what can i do i dont want them to return

1 Reply 1
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Damien109,

Your listing is "Request to book". Have you recently removed instant book? If not, how did these guests get to stay this time if you declined them before? And what do you mean "I don't want to leave a bad review" ? They tried to cause you a problem once and have caused you a problem now. Not leaving a bad review will mean future hosts won't know about their behaviour. If they behaved like this to another host who didn't leave a bad review that may be why you now have them.

If you have "instant book" you can prevent guests from instant booking with you again by giving them a three star or less review. If you have "request to book" all you have are previous reviews and your own judgement from communication, when deciding to accept a reservation.

Steve.