false review and false information of my listing

Answered!
Jeetender0
Level 2
Goa, India

false review and false information of my listing

Hi All 

I have been a host with Air B N B for more than two years and have had a number of stays . Off late I see that the so called Customer Care team is there just for the guests . I have a horrible experience of a guest who has blatantly lied about my listing and has put that on the review .

Despite giving all supporting documents and proving my claim that the guest has lied the people out there are adamant to remove the false and fraudulent review 

What should I do now as it is affecting my business during the peak season time 

Any inputs would be appreciated 

Warm Regards

Jeetender 

Goa , India 

1 Best Answer
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Jeetender0  Just write a brief, professional response to the review. Something like "This guest apparently didn't bother to read the listing description, didn't follow the 800 meter, 2 minute travel-time map to town and also appears to have a strange idea of what to expect at an Airbnb. If he wants to have "attendants", I'd suggest he book a 5 star hotel next time he travels."

View Best Answer in original post

16 Replies 16
Sammi32
Level 1
Mordialloc, Australia

@Jeetender0 

@I had the exact same experience but the guest was my first ever review. The betrayal was formidable both by the guest and the Airbnb response to my request to remove this false and malicious review. The guest held me hostage to his demand to break my house rules that put out whole family in danger as we are hosting a room in our house. I feel your pain. Mine is worse as I have no reviews before this one. I spend a lot of time and effort too set up the room and I got trodden  on by both guest and Airbnb

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@John2297  I don't know how you reported the guest's abusive and racist comments to you to Airbnb, but I'll give you some advice re interacting with Airbnb CS. Keep it as simple as possible. Use key words that trigger Airbnb. If you contacted them and started going off on a rant about this guest, they tend not to listen, instead just say "Please take a look at this private message this guest sent me, which is highly discriminatory and racist, so obviously, contravenes Airbnb's anti-discrimination policy. Thank you for your assistance." Airbnb won't share with you how they deal with it, but they would likely contact the guest and read them the riot act or even ban them from the platform.