lack of clothes at breakfast

Francesca18
Level 3
Brighton, United Kingdom

lack of clothes at breakfast

however the girl was wearing hot pants with her bottom hanging out it looked like a sort of sheer hot pants thing cut to the mid tummy..I wrote that due to the fact I live with others from other cultures it would be respectful to wear a little more at breakfast. 

I feel bad as I understand from being out in Brighton at Pride that its the fashion to wear short shorts with bottoms hanging out..whatever happened to showing a bit of knee or ankle ...anyway..I stayed at a b and b and wanted to go down in my pjs stripy - I was told no it was no way appropriate and to dress,  it was only a tiny place and I wanted to feel relaxed. 

How do you put this to a guest..I already put it to her and am unlikely to get the same problem again but your ideas are good 

3 Replies 3
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Francesca0

Brighton Pride! Come on...you are lucky she was wearing anything. Anything goes that weekend ((I assume she wasn't rude, impolite etc). Let it go ---- and remember naked bike Is just around the corner.

posting a negative review about someone skimpy pants at Brighton Pride will make you see like the baddie and refject poorly on you. By all means mention it in your privatr

yes you are right I should let it go. Naked bike ride is fine as its not in the house.

. I think don't do it in the childrens park in Brighton though ( a bit silly) I have nothing against nudity per say..but I do ask my naked bike people to get ready outside (not be naked in my house). Sorry. I had better post it as a rule no intentional nudity..I guess. 

Paul154
Level 10
Seattle, WA

Airbnb is so great because it is diverse. All hosts get to choose what is appropriate for their home.

It comes down to style and what you are comfortable with.

I would be comfortable with PJs at the breakfast table. But that is just me.

However, I would be just as thrilled to stay at an English Castle, where formal attire was required for evening dinner.

(of course, they would have to supply the formal attire.)  Americans eat that BBC crap up.

Your home, your rules.  

One thing  to help you. You should remember all guests making the reservations are adults. They know they are sharing a home.

They know they may share a home with inappropriately dressed women on Pride day.  Part of the adventure

It is not a reflection on you.