long term reservation refund

Shelly84
Level 2
Vienna, VA

long term reservation refund

I currently have a guest who booked a 28 day stay (right now going into the second week).  He is moving to the area, but booked for a month while he looked for an apartment.  He just told me that he would like to leave early (in the next 1-2 days) since he found an apartment.  Should I give him a refund for the last two weeks?  I don't want a bad guests review if I don't offer him the refund (I have a flexible cancellation policy, but the stay would fall under the long term reservation).

2 Replies 2
Rebecca181
Level 10
Florence, OR

Did he ask for a 2 week refund? Is he willing to negotiate, if so? A 'win-win' might be you settle on a one week refund. If you can book your place during the dates he would have stayed, you could then possibly offer him more.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Shelly84,

According to the "long term stay" policy the guest is not entitled to a refund. So if he cancelled te reservation, there is no refund. If the stay is shortened ( by changing the reservation), the monthly discount will disappear and price probably will increase.  It is up to you if you want to provide a refund.

I suggest you should at least earn the money for the period the guest stayed, based on the normal price for such period (no monthly discount). Maybe consider refund for last 2 weeks if you can rebook those weeks.

Best regards,

Emiel