missing a payout in Australia

Will247
Level 1
Oak Park, Australia

missing a payout in Australia

Hi Everyone ,

I have a missing payout for my 4th march check in guest. It has been more than 2 weeks and I have not recieved that payment.

I have talked to Airbnb team but have not got it sorted ?

Is there any better way to ask for? I am very frustrated

hope to hear from  you soon

Regards

Will

2 Replies 2
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Will247 

Hi Will, as you are a Superhost I probably don't need to point out the obvious but, we have to start somewhere.

Have you checked your transaction history? If the transaction has been processed and sent to your bank account it will simply show as a completed transaction and it will show the account that the transaction has been forwarded to.

If it has been held up or is still in the process of being released it will say 'Processing', and if you click the down arrow alongside the payout amount it will show you the current status of the transaction.

If you can't see anything amiss there, you will note alongside the amount paid-out line, an item which says....'Download CSV'. If you click on that, an Excel spreadsheet will be generated that will show you all the details of each transaction, when the money was paid to Airbnb and the date it was released to your account and a full breakdown oif the amount. You will need copies of this to forward to Airbnb if there is any dispute as to the release of your payout.

Airbnb are extremely reliable where payouts are concerned Will and apart from the Aussie host payout saga last november I have never had to query a payout.....over 250 of them have arrived exactly when they should have and for the correct amount! 

There would be only three explanations that I can think of as to why you have not received your payout.

1/.....You have previously issued a refund or, a refund was given to a former guest and this refund would be taken from your subsequent hosting payouts!

2/.  . You have cancelled a guest reservation and Airbnb have held a certain value of your current payout as a penalty, (probably not applicable being a Superhost)

3/.   Airbnb have been unable to secure payment from the guest and have therefore not been able to pay you.

First of all Will check through your transaction history to find out the current status of that payout and then check that you have not received an email from Airbnb regarding payout advise, and lastly give them a call again on 02 8520 3333, quote what you are seeing on your end and ask them in a polite way for their help.....and see how you go.

All the best Will.

Cheers......Rob

Pam176
Level 2
Queensland, Australia

Hi Will,      

When this happened to me, I got a very quick response from Airbnb on twitter.  It ended up being a problem with my account and was resolved quickly so maybe try this?

Regards

Pam