mix up with refunds

Patricia346
Level 1
Shelburne Falls, MA

mix up with refunds

My guest decided to leave a day early staying 2 nights instead of three.  That was ok with me and I told her she could get a refund for the 3rd night.  She received a refund from air b n b and I also refunded her through air b n b, unaware that we were both doing the same refund.  Now I was only paid for one night when she stayed two.  I asked her to please pay me for the second night since there was a mix up with the refunds. She said she would but it has been many weeks with no resolution.  I would like to be paid, but if she does not pay me, then I would like the air b n b community to know not to host her.

2 Replies 2
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

You can submit a request through the Resolution Center for the balance you are owed - then she can just accept.  She may not know how to initiate a payment to you.

Christian65
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

It would seem rather unfair to this guest if you would try and make other hosts avoid her especially because she hasn't done much wrong in this situation apart from owing you money due to a double refund.

Regarding the refund I would contact ABB and they would see the double refund in their system and then correct the mistake or perhaps they are in the midst of trying to resolve the matter as we speak. They might even have an open case already for all we know -even though it seems yo've been waiting too long.

This community isn't really for "warning other hosts" - reviews can be left for other hosts to rely on - but I totally get why you want your money back but I think you ought to contact ABB .

Best of luck