receiving payment

Sonia278
Level 1
Australia

receiving payment

Hi im so excited i have my first booking, does airbnb collect the payment take their commission out than sent me the balance how dos it work 

thanks Sonia

3 Replies 3
David-and-Fiona0
Level 10
Panglao, Philippines

Glad you are excited. Airbnb is a wonderful experience....IF....you read how it all works. There is an extensive help section. Take the time to familiarise yourself with it and the experience will be much more enjoyable.

https://www.airbnb.com/help

@David-and-Fiona0  You beat me to it! LOL!  So glad you sent that to her.  smh 

@Sonia278  Airbnb provides every answer to every question you could possibly have about hosting, guests, cancellations, refunds, damages, bookings, verifications, reviews, PAYOUTS, host fees, etc.  Your best resource is to use the HELP tab in your ABB account by typing your question in the search bar to read the accurate answer from the company.  Definitely always do that.  Make sense?  

Also, keep in mind.....if you host a guests, and they haven't taken the time either to read how they should be in your home, that will cause you problems down the road.  Make sure that every guests you take a booking from understands they MUST read your host house rules prior to booking your home and follow these rules during their stay.  They are required to click on a button that says they read and agree to the House Rules, but I can promise you that 92% of guests around the world DO NOT READ.   Therefore, with my guests, I have an ongoing conversation during the booking process to make sure they understand they NEED to read and understand that my rules are to be taken seriously.....guess how many didn't read the rules prior to sending me a booking request?  9 out of 10!

If you feel that me or another host have helped you, feel free to click on the "thumbs up" button at the end of any post. Thank you so much.

Aloha, Momi

Great way to contact Airbnb or via Twitter at AirbnbHelp / Facebook

Momi0
Level 10
Honolulu, HI

@Sonia278  I forgot to add that I really love the photos of your apartments.  So beautiful!    Makes me wanna stay there myself.

Before I forget, I wanted to let you know that your listing says FEMAL for dog, so you might want to change and edit that to read FEMALE.   (Are you guests allowed to feed your dog?  If not, add that to your house rules area.  Trust me, I had to add that too!)

Also, I noticed you have no written customize House rules.  You might want to invest some time into that.  Perhaps, like turn off lights, fans, or AC (if you have it) when leaving the unit.  I promise you, people will need to know this rule.  Do you allow people to walk into your unit with their dirty shoes?  That's another example.  Take a look at other host and Superhosts' listing and you will see that many hosts have customize written detailed House Rules, such as myself.  Quite a few have even borrowed from me.  😉

oh and one more thing, I noticed you have no HOST PROFILE....make sure you fill that out so your wonderful guests can learn a little about you as an individual and as a host.  Airbnb actually highly recommends that every host and every guests have a profile.  I  clicked on host profile and found nothing to read and was bummed because I wanted to learn something about you. IF you need a tip on this, you are welcome to click on my listing, and click on MY profile to help you.  If not, you can always use ABB guideline on what makes a great profile.

Hope you found my reply helpful, if so, click on the thumbs up icon at the bottom of my post and/or other hosts who wrote something helpful and beneficial to you.

Have a wonderful time hosting....and let us know how its going. We love to read POSITIVE posts on the CC 🙂

If you feel that me or another host have helped you, feel free to click on the "thumbs up" button at the end of any post. Thank you so much.

Aloha, Momi

Great way to contact Airbnb or via Twitter at AirbnbHelp / Facebook