reservation

reservation

I have accepted a reservation and am feeling uncomfortable. Profile phone number is from Atlanta but lives in Seattle.

5 Replies 5
Suzanne302
Level 10
Wilmington, NC

@Ian-And-Aley0  Is that the only thing that makes you uncomfortable? With the portability of cell phone numbers, it's very common for people to have numbers that are not local to the area they currently live in.

Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@Ian-And-Aley0 why not just ask him about it? If you're not satisfied with the answer you can contact Airbnb to cancel the reservation. 

Gregory87
Level 10
Minneapolis, MN

Hey @Ian-And-Aley0 :  I've had a similar issue previously where the information on the profile doesn't match the inquiry.  As @Kath9 suggested, I just point out the discrepancy to the guest and ask them to clarify.  Most guests will explain and/or update their profile (often times they haven't looked at it since they registered and forgot the information is outdated).

Give the person a chance before you decline!

Beth80
Level 10
State of Roraima, Brazil

@Ian-And-Aley0 

Let's see; my phone number is Iowa, my driver's license is Florida, my credit card is paid in North Dakota and my main residence is Brazil.  I hate the question, where are you from!!

Talk to them and see what they have to say. With cell phones you can be from anywhere now days.

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

When I lived in NY for a few years all my info still had my home state of Maine (phone number, drivers license, license plate.) Are people really expected to charge their cell phone number each time they move to a different state?