stupid and unfriendly website

Pete26
Level 2
San Luis Obispo, CA

stupid and unfriendly website

I want to edit my listing, block a few dates on the calendar, quit auto book etc. The ghastly site is eating too much time for no progress, does anyone know how I can get answers? Of course custoer service has gone down the tube over the last couple of years so......

6 Replies 6
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Pete26 

yes , you are not the only one .... just 1 year ago this website was much more user friendly but IT sector have to justify their salaries so they came up with the idea to make a "redesign" and "upgrade" blah blah ... but in fact they just mixed up everything. I use Airbnb every day but still searching for pages like a blind chicken for a grain ... and I am a web designer, I can just immagine how hard it is for other , less computer savy hosts .

This site was designed by idiots. No my account button . No what kind of room are you looking for. The worst filters I have ever seen. This is just plain poorly designed. Look at Amazon so easy to use. 

Jo243
Level 2
Ascot Vale, Australia

I am unable to decipher my receipt - especially using the website.

The website shows a cancellation - 2 of them exactly the same.  

Have I sent an email to the  host? I was sure I had - but cannot find it on the website?  Where is that information? 

How much have I paid -  will this amount change if the currency exchange changes?  

What does the following mean:
Under XXX's Strict cancellation policy, cancel before April 29 at 12pm local time and get a full refund. After that time, cancel pre-trip and get a refund of $246.86.

If I cancel before April 29 - I still have to pay the AirBnb fee and the cleaning fee - so not quite a full refund? 

I find this "Confusing by design"?

Jo

Irma71
Level 1
Burbank, CA

The site is not only unintuitive, it is often slow and unresponsive. It is an extremely difficult site to navigate. I am in marketing and develop digital tools for a living. This site is painful.

@Irma71, it is often at a crawl when I'm attempting to use it, especially when trying to upload or alter photos. Very annoying! 

Eric1388
Level 2
Biloxi, MS

Horrible experience trying to book thru the website. How can they stay in business? Loading a photo ID was a nightmare!