technical issue

Helen186
Level 1
Queensland, Australia

technical issue

airbnb is so slow that it is missing letters out in words I am typing in messages to my guests. What is happening here? Has been doing this for last 2 days and so frustrating. Is not happening with my word docs or other accom sites and  hre on this page all is OK but not when typing messages to guests!!!%$# Do I need to delete airbnb and reinstall?

5 Replies 5
Claire236
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Hi,

The same thing has been happening to me. I thought it was my keyboard but not happening in other emails and docs. Am also experiencing delays in recieving booking requests to the point that I have missed one entirely -only recieving it as it expired! Not good. Any idea how I can resolve this?

Claire

Claire it needs to be fixed by airbnb as I am sure its their system - not our computers. But how do you contact airbnb? So difficult unlike Stayz or Homeaway.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Helen186

Helen, slow     down      a      bit!! This is something that will never affect me because. although I have written a mystery novel and I spend a lot of each day here on the forum I was never taught to touch type! I am 72 now, and there is an expression....'You can't teach an old dog new tricks' .....so I just keep hammering away like woody woodpecker, and the chance of me beating the system is zero!!

Helen, wherever the NBN is being rolled out there are problems! Many of us are suffering from frequent internet drop-outs that never used to happen. I know you say it doesn't happen in 'Word' but here on the forum and in home page messages it is possibly subject to Internet reliability. Is it possible that NBN is being rolled out in your area? This may have something to do with it. This government are to be utterly damned for spending 80+Billion dollars of ours on this whiz bang internet that has already been superseeded before half of us are even connected!!!

cheers.....Rob 

Helen186
Level 1
Queensland, Australia

Thanks Rob. I will ask about the NBN here - up here in Mudjimba on holidays.

Van12
Level 1
Honolulu, HI

This has been happening for awhile now and really irritating when I'm writing a message to the host. Ironically, typing in the message board is normal.  Go figure.