unexpected weekly discount

Andrea-Baldwin0
Level 2
Hinesburg, VT

unexpected weekly discount

Why is airbnb applying a weekly discount of 23% ?? !!  A recent booking request asked if that discount was reflected.    Our very large guest house can sleeps 8 (before extra fees), with 4 large bedrooms, and 3 large common rooms.  My price for a week should total $1430.  Where is this big discount coming from?  I can't find where to at least reduce it .   Help !!!   That would mean $1101 for a whole week for 8. The utilies alone would take another 15%, not to mention extra cleaning.    Help !!!    Andrea

5 Replies 5
Maria-Lurdes0
Level 10
Union City, NJ

Use the desktop version, not the app - it's very trickly to do lots of little changes/fixes on the app.  YOu'll see all this under PRICING.

I stumbled upon how to change the discounts thankfully so I am all set.  Didn't know 23% had been applied.  Thanks.

@Andrea-Baldwin0 Hi there!  I would also suggest that you check your profile and make a change so that your last name doesn't appear in listing views or, for that matter in this Community  as it is public.  You'll notice that all other users show only their first name.  That's for privacy and safety reasons.  Normally last names are not revealed to anyone until a reservation is confirmed by a guest.   You don't want anyone to do a google search of you and obtain any personal information that could be used to send phishing emails, etc.  

Thanks Clare. Will do so.
Fernando34
Level 2
Lagos, Portugal

I had the same problem!

Airbnb just did a discount without me knowing.

At the prices discounts you have a tab there, you can delete the %..