weird problem when connecting airbnb listing calendars

Joy298
Level 10
Sydney, Australia

weird problem when connecting airbnb listing calendars

Hi all,

I'm listing my guest bedroom as a private room for one month and I'm happy with that. However, I'm planning to go overseas for one month in July, so considering listing my whole home as an entire place. I did some homework and understand so far the most practical way is setting a brand new listing.

My scheduled departure date is 17 Jul, so I blocked all dates after that on my current private place listing. Also, I set a new entire place listing starting from 17 Jul(any dates before that is blocked manually).

Everything was smooth so far. Then I connected these 2 Airbnb listing calendars together. BOOM! Guess what, I could no more find my entire place listing from searching. No matter how I filtered it, I just couldn't find my new listing.

However, from the host's system side, I can always see available dates are showing properly. And I can even directly input the URL of my listing and make a booking there. But, it's just NOT SHOWING in any search results.

Then I realized the problem might be relating to the connecting of calendars. So I disconnected them and BOOM, my new listing showed up instantly!

So I assume there's a logical error there. The dates you block on one listing would cause the same blocking on the connected listing's calendar as well.

Anyone here has encountered a similar problem before? I may test this again at midnight.

Thanks

1 Reply 1
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Joy298 

let's say you have a listing for a room

and you have a listing for the entire house

You should link your room listing  to your house listing

If the guest book a room then the house listing will be blocked and vice versa, when the house gets booked - the room is blocked

but

if you manually block one listing then another listing will NOT be blocked, you should block both listings manually

we have 2 units linked with the 3rd unit and everything works fine.