Air cover

Corinne509
Level 2
San Diego, CA

Air cover

Hello.

I have been a host since 2017. I have done well now with 7 properties. I was becoming a bit concerned regarding hosting due to the increase in issues with guests.

Back in Aug I had a guest leave 7 large white bath towels 6 white hand towels and a few wash clothes left out on the back deck covered in desert dust. I have photos showing how dirty they were. Also they didn't remove the garbage which is all I ask of my guests plus he broke a couple shot glasses in addition I had to pay additional cleaning. All amounting $220. No biggie right?  Air cover denied my claim.

Now I had a guest who he admitted to braking my bed yes broke it in half. He called me that night so drunk I could barely understand him. Im thinking he fell on the bed and broke it. I reported to air cover with photos and receipts. They denied me again. Air cover is a joke they don't cover anything and should stop advertising it. It's creates a false sense of security. I open my places up I make money Airbnb makes lots of money but DO NOT protect the hosts. 

20 Replies 20

Similar experience here. Guests did extensive damage. Broke a bed, kitchen counters needed replacing linens missing, dishwasher broken, the house utterly filthy, garden full of takeout containers they threw off the balcony.

It took a while to get all of the repairs done (loss of income). I contacted Airbnb about the time frame and was assured I could claim when I had the paperwork.

Now I am subject to relentless series of bots ["ambassadors" LOL] asking the same questions over and over.

Time to move my 3 properties to VRBO!!

AQAR-Stays-Çanakkale0
Level 2
Çanakkale, Turkey

Corinne, we had a recent fail with Airbnb's AirCover. Recent guests made substantial damage by smoking, vomiting, shoes, etc. - briefly, looks like they had a small silent party. We had to trash beddings, sofas, etc. even hard floors are affected. Also, some other damage... For €2,025 of filed damage, we are covered only €125, and we wonder about how to compensate for our loss and damages. Thanks

Good morning @AQAR-Stays-Çanakkale0 Oh my that is absolutely horrendous!! 

Did you follow the steps airbnb requires for reimbursement?  Contacting the guest with photos of damage showing receipts of replacent of replacement costs of items then reaching out to airbnb within 2 weeks of the guest stay?  

If you did all that you need to request a higher contact in airbnb. I had to do that with my broken bed. When I reached out to higher up.person I finally received results

Let me know how it turns out. I'm so so sorry

Corinne

@Corinne509  thank you so much for your kind reply. Much appreciated. 

We followed the process, to the point. And, our claim is "partially" accepted - so arguably no problem with the way we file the claim.

The problem is that, that part accepted is far from a fair compensation. Our photos clearly show the mess, smoking, vomit, etc. artifacts. Also, guest didn't deny all of their **bleep**. Yet, the paid €125 reimbursement amount doesn't compensate damage, cleaning, etc.- is nothing but ridiculous! 

On top of that, we have a massive communication problem with Airbnb. They took comms outside of platform, however they don't accept our email replies. All of our e-mails to them return back to us with a "failure" (not delivered) message. So, none of our e-mails reach to them, or looks so. 

Looks like we are going to end up in either arbitrage or in small claims court. What a shame!   

So sorry to hear that. I don't know what else you could do. It's crazy you can't get through to the escalated contact. 

@Corinne509  just receveid an e-mail from an escalation rep "Heather Rushwolf" however our reply to her returned with failure message - like all our previous e-mails. 

We also filed many support tickets re these e-mail issues to support, but nothing of support - as usual. 

However, our e-mails to name.surname@airbnb.com to top management went though with surprising success. So, the issue must be related to resolutions@airbnb.com mail account, in particular. 

We are aware that you are not support or resolutions team, deeply sorry to bother you. Thank you for your understanding. Much appreciated.