AirCover nightmare

AirCover nightmare

We have a luxury listing in the Desert, and one of the past guests broke a 75-inch TV screen. We don’t know how they managed to do that since the TV is inserted above the fireplace, but they had kids, so we won’t never know.

We contacted Airbnb, and the claims department started the process, collecting evidence which was provided by us, including Airbnb messages with the guest admitting the TV was working the night before checkout.

Long story short, we can’t get Airbnb to update us on the status or pay for the Sony TV, which is an expensive item. We have over 15 bookings in the next few days, and the agent responsible for the claim has not contacted us, nor has the guest.

I’m holding the guest’s security deposit in the meantime. I have a rental agreement signed and the guest’s ID, but if AirCover is meant to help hosts, why we are even offered this service if the process is terrible?

I contacted Airbnb at least seven times in the past month; they always open a new ticket, and resolution customer service does not coordinate with the claims department. Airbnb now looks like a bunch of different companies under one brand. Terrible experience. I should stick with my direct booking website and my own security deposit rules to cover damages.

Does anyone know a phone or email to contact directly the claims department?

Thanks

**[Case number hidden - Community Center Guidelines]

0 Replies 0