Availability Window

Answered!
Amy2645
Level 2
Missoula, MT

Availability Window

Hello, 

My availability window is set for "6 months in advance" however the calendar is open for dates past the 6 months. I have my calendar synced with Vrbo and that calendar also has a 6 month window. I have unsynced and then resynced the calendar to see if this resolved the issue to no avail.  I called Airbnb and they advised that I could manually block the dates but I manage over 24 properties and that would be very time-consuming to open each day manually to reflect the 6 month availability. Any suggestions?

1 Best Answer

Hi @Amy2645 I hope these  tips and steps helps resolve the issue you're having. 

1. Double-check Calendar Settings: Ensure that both Airbnb and Vrbo have the same availability settings. Sometimes, discrepancies in settings can cause synchronization issues.

2. Clear Cache and Cookies: If you haven't already, try clearing your browser's cache and cookies. This can sometimes resolve issues related to platform synchronization.

3. Check your Channel Manager: If you're managing multiple properties, consider using a channel manager.

4. If the issue still exists, Contact Airbnb and Vrbo Support Again: Sometimes, getting through to the right support representative can make a difference. Explain your issue in detail and emphasize the scale of your operations (managing over 24 properties). They might escalate your issue to a more technical team.

View Best Answer in original post

7 Replies 7

Hi @Amy2645 I hope these  tips and steps helps resolve the issue you're having. 

1. Double-check Calendar Settings: Ensure that both Airbnb and Vrbo have the same availability settings. Sometimes, discrepancies in settings can cause synchronization issues.

2. Clear Cache and Cookies: If you haven't already, try clearing your browser's cache and cookies. This can sometimes resolve issues related to platform synchronization.

3. Check your Channel Manager: If you're managing multiple properties, consider using a channel manager.

4. If the issue still exists, Contact Airbnb and Vrbo Support Again: Sometimes, getting through to the right support representative can make a difference. Explain your issue in detail and emphasize the scale of your operations (managing over 24 properties). They might escalate your issue to a more technical team.

I'm having the same exact issue. No one has an answer. The proplem just keeps popping up over and over again. It has to be an Airbnb back end issue. They f'ed up the calendar syncing  

Hi @Amy2645 , other Hosts having the same issue. These issues started appearing after the Winter 2023 release and apparently are still unresolved. Just curious, are you using a channel manager? perhaps controlling the calendar from the channel manager would work as @Alicia753 mentions.

If you are already using a channel manager or connected dynamic pricing software, you might want to be sure those are working correctly?

Hello, 

I am not using a channel manager, I currently accept bookings on Vrbo and Airbnb, and I can confirm that both Airbnb and Vrbo have the same availability settings.

@Amy2645 

Well...rats! 😠 

Definitely a bug then that has been reported by other Hosts since the new Winter software release. Did you opt in early to that software?

You could try choosing unavailable by default on one of the listings. Then go back in and change it back to 6 months and see what happpens?

This is the response that I received over the weekend. Can anyone help me dissect it?

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. After conducting a thorough investigation, I have identified the reason why the open calendar dates may appear different months on the six-month advance availability window.

To clarify, when you add a six-month advance availability window to your calendar, it will only be added to the existing setup of your calendar. For instance, if you initially set a six-month window availability last October 2023 on your first listing, and then applied another six-month window, your calendar will remain open until October 2024.

The availability window is determined based on the month you initially set before applying the six-month availability window to your calendar.

I hope this explanation sheds light on the matter. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out. I am here to assist you.

@Amy2645 

Sounds like "word salad" to me and makes no sense. The availability window has never worked like that at all. This issue has only come up since the new software Winter 2023 release in November. Previously, once you set a 6 month availability, it is a rolling calendar. This means as every day passes, another date will open six months out on the calendar.