BEWARE HOSTING

Todd674
Level 2
Cypress, TX

BEWARE HOSTING

We had nearly $9000 in theft and damages from a guest. They give you the runaround for nearly a month and requiring documents that are impossible to get - a police report with the guests full name and do not provide the guests full name. They give some link for the police to log into. We went to Harris county downtown police station and spoke with every single person in charge there. No one knows anything about Airbnb's mysterious link let alone a password for it. All we can provide is the guests first name in the police report. This is not good enough for them. Its obviously a way out for them not to have to pay out the reimbursement request.

The guest even admitted in the correspondence that he stole from us and stated he put those items back. Which he of course did not.

Feel free to speak with the the customer service 3rd party service in India, there is no one else to speak to only some anonymous email from (reimbursements). They barely respond to any questions and only give vague details about what they are requiring from you.

DO NOT HOST WITH AIRBNB YOU WILL BE ON OUR OWN WITH THEFT AND SERIOUS DAMAGES. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR HOME INSURANCE TOO. I have heard that everyone is switching to other services, now I see why.

4 Replies 4

Hi, I don't see your listing? But all reservations that come to you have the full name?

Kia272
Level 10
Takoma Park, MD

@Todd674 You have the guest's full name in the reservation. 

They already closed our request, and did not let us know how we could get his entire name. This was the third time they refused the police report, each time it was something different. Try waiting in line at the police station to get them to help with anything too…  Airbnb customer service is ridiculous, you can’t speak to them on the phone, just the outsourced phone operators that cannot help. Your only option is to email and wait 3-5 days in between responses. They seem to try and wait you out, each time they respond with something new they state you have 2 days to make these changes and they will close out the request permanently…We have removed our home on here. Unless they change we will not be using this app any longer for hosting. 

Oh and we did enter his full name on the police report as well. It was there, we tried that too.