Cancelation due to Coronavirus

Answered!
Gina109
Level 2
Athens, Greece

Cancelation due to Coronavirus

Dear hosts,

I have a reservation in my place in Greece on July 23 to August 3, 2020. As the guidelines of my country due to the Coronavirus pandemic are strict, I recommended my guest to cancel the reservation under the "Extenuating Circumstances" Airbnb provides.

As I intend to protect my guest from a potential fee penalty, I would like you to consult me as a host what is the best way to achieve this cancelation.

Today's Greece's guidelines is to keep travellers into a 14 days quarantine, in specific places, when entering the country. The measures will not be lifted so quickly... In addition nobody is allowed to circulate from town to town in the country.

P. S. : the cancelation policy of my apartment is "moderate".

Top Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Gina109 

With the latest policy email sent to hosts you can cancel penalty free any reservations this year as long as you do so by April 30th.

View Top Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Gina109 you would need to ask your booked guests to wait and see. The EC airbnb currently is offering only extends to May 31st. 

If they cancel now, the fee will be according to your cancellation policy. If your policy is strict, you can still offer a full refund, but guests will only be refunded less airbnb fees.

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Gina109 

July/August is a long time away in the life of a pandemic. I suspect many things will change before then

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Gina109 

With the latest policy email sent to hosts you can cancel penalty free any reservations this year as long as you do so by April 30th.

Gina109
Level 2
Athens, Greece

Thank you very much for answering. It is crystal clear! 🙂