Checkin

Paul11478
Level 1
Palm Harbor, FL

Checkin

I have a person that requested to rent 3 nights but check on the day of checkin at 2:30 AM as this is when her flight lands.....  Check in is 3PM

It's not rented to anyone else and I just said YES, it's ok.

What do you think?

Paul

5 Replies 5
Elisa
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Paul11478  😊

Thank you for asking this in the community!

Have you found a solution? When is your guest arriving?

I’m mentioning some Hosts who will likely know how to help you:

@Marie8425@Dave-and-Deb0, @Cheri354 and @Elena4354.

Thank you in advance everyone!

Warm regards🌻,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Paul11478,

This is entirely up to you.  However if it were up to me, I would be charging either a full day for checking in at that time or at least some prorated rate.

I look forward to seeing what other hosts would do in this situation.

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Experienced Co-Host

Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Paul11478 

First is that flight time actual.  In Hawaii we have a lot of international flights so many come in late but it wasn't unusual and I remember coming in on a late flight was midnight.  Airports don't close but I don't know of any 24 hour airline employees.  Look at the situation before can I charge.  

Hi Paul,

It seems like you’re being accommodating, which is great for guest experience. Since the property isn't rented to anyone else and you're okay with the early check-in at 2:30 AM, you might want to ensure you clarify any potential extra costs or rules for early arrivals. While allowing early check-ins can be a selling point, setting expectations around cleaning schedules or if there's a fee could be useful.

You could consider offering flexibility as a bonus for the guest, but also use it as a chance to mention that this isn't always available, so they know it’s an exception. Overall, it's great to be flexible when you can, as long as you’re comfortable with it!

I hope this helps.

All the best,

Upfish Management

Lorina14
Top Contributor
Bellevue, WA

@Paul11478 

That is very nice of you to allow her to check in early however it is like another night’s stay as she is checking in 12.5 hours early. You could send a request for payment for the night’s stay or a reduced price for the late check in. 

A 2:30am arrival seems unlikely as most arrivals occur at midnight/just after midnight. It’s your choice on how you proceed but I would be cautious as if she says this on the day of check in (as if she didn’t know she was arriving at 2:30am before the day of arrival) seems inconsiderate that she didn’t ask or communicate this beforehand.

Let us know what happens.