Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Common Scam & abysmal support

Claire910
Level 2
Aberdyfi, United Kingdom

Common Scam & abysmal support

Need advice on a specific scam and terrible Airbnb support whereby they support a guest (with no reviews) and their lies, above a Superhost. 

I have a property in Wales. We have to get 180 days of bookings or pay extremely high council tax, therefore we offer 1 week minimum stays to get enough nights.  It's priced very cheaply with an extremely detailed and accurate description. 

I'm finding guests don't want to stay a week, so they'll stay a couple of nights, make up an issue and demand a refund. They especially do this if the weather turns bad.  This happens a few times every winter!

Airbnb has just offered one of these guests a big chunk of their money back!  Because the guests have alleged there was a stain on A SINGLE pillowcase and a dirty appliance. I have 20 photos from my cleaner showing this isn't the case (which I've uploaded to Airbnb support).  The house rules specifically state that a guest must perform an inspection upon arrival and report any issues immediately. If there are any, we will arrange a free repeat clean.  Of course, nobody does this beacause they want to stay a couple of nights then leave!  So the guest has broken the house rules and tried to scam us yet again.

Previously, Airbnb wouldn't refund the guest without the host's consent, but this time they apparently have.

I won't be able to continue hosting here if they are just letting scammers get away with it.  How to deal with this scenario please?

0 Replies 0