Complaint

Complaint

So I tried to book a villa last September. I paid by voucher however Airbnb had a technological issue which prevented me from using this voucher so I had to pay (essentially double paid). they would not let me refund this credit and I escalated this issue and was extremely unsatisfied with the outcome. however I agreed to keep the credit and use it the next time when i book an Airbnb. So the time has come where I want to book an Airbnb. 8 of us are going on a trip, i confirmed with a host a friends airbnb account that we can stay there. however as I have credit that I needed to use I tried to book on my account.
Airbnb has automatically rejected the booking. The website said, call someone and they will help. So I called, and they were unable to confirm the exact reason why it was rejected even though I confirmed with the host I can stay. She also said she nor the host can override the automatic rejection. She said to book a different villa or book on a different account. 1) I do not want a different villa I want to book the villa I sought out to book and confirmed with the host I can book. 2) I have credit on my account that I would like to use as Airbnb REFUSE to give me my money back or let me spend MY MONEY. I am extremely extremely unsatisfied with this policy/outcome/service. I asked for the credit to be transferred to a different account or refunded back to me (which in the first place it was not my fault that the credit was on the account). that was Airbnb's fault but as they told me I did not take a screenshot of the technical issue, I can't prove anything... I would like the escalate this issue with extreme urgency as I would like my money back immediately.  to make matters worse, someone else in the group booked and it went through all fine... funny that!! 

2 Replies 2
Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi there @Mirai6

Have you been in touch with Airbnb Support to log your complaint? If not, I think you should speak to them first. 

Let us know how you get on. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Gina2084
Level 2
Black Diamond, WA

Hi Mirai,

Sorry to hear this. I would highly recommend you file a complaint against airbnb on the “Better Business Bureau (https://www.bbb.org/file-a-complaint). I would recommend requesting your money back to your credit card as they are unreliable to book with. Good luck!