Current guests have left a horrible mess

Current guests have left a horrible mess

Hi everyone. I have a property in Greece and currently have a couple staying. They arrived last Friday for 2 weeks and so far so good. 

As I’m in the UK, I’ve received a message this morning from our property manager. The cleaner has gone in to change towels etc. and said the couple are extremely dirty, have left a mess everywhere and there is even :pile_of_poo: on the bathroom towels!

I’m waiting for her to send me pictures, but I’ve no idea what to do. I’ve never had this situation happen before and especially with guests that are still in the house. 

I get that some people are messy, but the towels? I’m really shocked. 

Do I challenge them directly or contact Airbnb? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks 

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Kim2966 what would you achieve by contacting Airbnb? Equally contacting the guest could cause more problems than it is worth. I assume these folks will be having soon and hopefully they just leave 'mess' and no damage. Then you can leave an honest review and, if needed, claim for damage.

I trust the cleaner had specific permission to enter the listing. If not then the guest could turn this situation back on you.

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Best to wait for the photographs to then determine what exactly the cleaner is calling 'a mess' which is a subjective opinion. Best to get the facts first before taking any action.