Damage claim for existing guest

Greer17
Level 2
Grimsargh, United Kingdom

Damage claim for existing guest

Hi, I’ve got a couple staying at the moment and it was booked by her daughter. I went to change the towels mid stay and came home with the used ones. They are covered in hair dye so I’ve asked for reimbursement for new towels. I’ve been polite and included photos. The daughter is being unreasonable and says she’s forwarded the claim to her mums solicitor. It’s for £65! Has anyone experience of getting reimbursed. I’m also scared she’ll give me a dreadful rating- even though she hasn’t been the one staying. Any pointers appreciated. Thanks 

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Greer17 we consider towels to be consumables. Yes it is really irritating when guests abuse the towels but its just not worth the bad review and depreciated pay out if Aircover gets involved. Too late in your case but I would have remained silent and just left an honest review to warn future hosts.

Kris2574
Level 1
Dodgeville, WI

Yep, we had red dye on our white towels as well. We didnt claim anything..bought new to just write off as expense. I did end up bleaching the white several times to look pretty darn good for future use. Lots of crazy clean up from some guest that is part of running this business. However, I have set up to NOT have Instant Bookings so I can look over the guest ratings and reviews before responding to their stay. 

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Greer17 👋

Hope you're doing well. I wanted to check in to see if any of the comments below had helped you with a decision? 

Looking forward to hearing from you 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines