Damages and poor quality guests

Answered!

Damages and poor quality guests

Hello host community. In the last 2 years the quality guests ( rules respects, damages etc…. ) has gone down in my experience. At least one out two did not respect the house rules and damaged the property. As I think that all of us HOST TO EARN something I ask you how do you do in these cases. In my experience each time I asked extra money the guests they gave me a low review, they did not pay the damages and ARBNB platform refunded me in partial way. What I found unacceptable is that the platform admitted these guests review and does not penalize them. I m an host since 2017 but I m really think to leave the platform definitely because I may not host the house for free. WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT  ? I THINK THIS MATTER SHOULD BE ESCALATED GLOBALLY. WHAT DO YOU DO IN THESE SITUATIONS ? Thanks a lot Stefano

1 Best Answer
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Stefano-and-Monica0 ,

I am so sorry to hear about your experiences with guests!

Are you looking for help with any recent guest experiences that you would like to mention for other Hosts?  

If you may like, you can also get in touch with our Italian Hosts by joining the Italian Speaking Community Center here : https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Community-Center-IT/ct-p/community-center-it.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Stefano-and-Monica0 ,

I am so sorry to hear about your experiences with guests!

Are you looking for help with any recent guest experiences that you would like to mention for other Hosts?  

If you may like, you can also get in touch with our Italian Hosts by joining the Italian Speaking Community Center here : https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Community-Center-IT/ct-p/community-center-it.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Leah407
Level 2
Suches, GA

I agree Stefano.  What can we do as hosts when we know we are going to get a bad review for requesting money from the guest?   The Airbnb platform also lets guests bring a pet and as a host you can't do anything about it.  You can't even request an extra cleaning fee.  Crazy right?   Usually the guests you don't want back don't leave a review.  If they left a review first then you can request money from them within your 14 day period since they were the first to leave a review.     Never happens.  Our recent guest spilled something on the futon mattress and we have tried many cleaning products to no avail.  The futon now has a permanent stain.   This guest has not left a review yet.  Watching the clock for the 14 day rule to request money. They also wanted to check out late and we had same day turn around which would have really screwed us on cleaning time.   I have discovered that any guest requesting an early check in our late check out is usually the one that requires the most cleaning time too.