Dirty blankets gave me a rash

Valerie1509
Level 1
Hawthorne, CA

Dirty blankets gave me a rash

I spent the night at an airbnb recently that was very dusty and dirty and the blankets smelled terrible. I didn't think anything bad could happen if I used the blankets and just showered in the morning. I was wrong. I now have a blistery red bumpy spreading rash on my neck that gets worse each day. What am I supposed to do and can Airbnb do anything to help resolve this? The host harassed me in the Airbnb messages and said I was selfish and entitled for not making the bed before I left, so I'm guessing he does not even know he is supposed to wash the bedding in between guests. 

5 Replies 5
Karen114
Level 10
Bolton, MA

@Valerie1509  Ew that's gross.  I hope you left the host the review they deserved.  

Despite the blankets being smelly and dirty it would be very difficult to prove the rash stemmed from that.  Unless you see a Dr. and they give you a specific diagnosis as to what the rash is and what it can be caused by.

Sorry this was your experience 😑

Karen

I left an honest review, and that's why he messaged me to harass me. He called me all kinds of names and even tried to drag my 8 year old daughter into it. This was by far the worst experience I've ever had at an Airbnb. I am going to urgent care today because the rash is getting worse each day. 

😟

@Valerie1509 

Do please let us know what the doctor says. 
So sorry about this situation!

Why did you use the "smelly, dirty" blankets? I would have immediately called Airbnb, or the host, or if you absolutely had no other choice, found a laundry facility.