Do you provide board games for your guests?

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Do you provide board games for your guests?

Games.jpg

Hey there everyone,

I was chatting with a host recently that suggested the tip of leaving board games in her guest rooms for them to enjoy in their downtime. A deck of cards opens up endless possibilities of games but minimising family disputes calls for the avoidance of Monopoly, for sure!

Do you provide board games for your guests to indulge in? What are your top picks?

Thanks!

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

146 Replies 146

How is everyone dealing with board games during COVID? I don’t want to add disinfecting games to cleansers duties and they may want to charge extra in order to do so. Thinking of putting label for guest to use disinfectant wipes before and after. What do y’all think ?

Malee-Anne0
Level 2
Las Vegas, NV

Yes, I offer a few board games for my guests! Such an easy touch and some really appreciate it! I put a 500 piece puzzle in one listing and actually had one of my guests put the whole thing together and they were only there for one night! It was super impressive and they took a picture of it and sent it to me! They are repeats guest as well!

Judith470
Level 1
Auburn, CA

I provide a deck of cards, a couple of board game, a dart board  and a Wii set.    I also leave some assorted magazines (including the AirBnB Mag) and maps of the local area - as well as a food guide to local restaurants.

. I have a few children's games and leave colored pencils and coloring book.  

Another thought - 

I also provide an iron and ironing board ... and surprisingly that is very popular.

Lauralyn1
Level 2
Bend, OR

We have a tiny home with a loft. The kids love it. We have games, bean bag chairs, puzzles, a tv with tons of kid appropriate videos. Parents always comment how they can't get the kids to come down. Exactly what I was hoping for. 

Maya188
Level 1
Honolulu, HI

Board games? Absolutely! We have a little private garden cottage, fully equipped, and our intention is to make it as cozy as possible, so there are books on the shelves, a few current magazines, and a multi-purpose board that includes chess, checkers, and backgammon. My son (14) is an avid chess player, and felt no home is complete without a chess set. My daughter (10) added a couple of puzzles. 

Jay-Lynne0
Level 2
Blanco, TX

We are located quite a distance from urban centers (and the entertainment associated with them) and some distance from even our neighbors for that matter. Please note that we only rent to adults due to space limitations, so our approach is limited in that way. Some guests have been "iced-in" for a few days and bad weather can negate even the best of plans. We provide a variety of books for relaxation type reading, reference books and materials about the area including fauna and flora and the usual local brochures. In some drawers labeled "diversions" we provide multiple sets of cards plus UNO and Tangoes and a Hoyle's book on card game rules  plus some paper and pencils. There is also Scrabble (and a dictionary!), backgammon, checkers and at the request of two guests, UPWORDS, which we happened to have.  There is also a horse shoe pit and a bocce ball set, but to my knowledge no one has ever used these outdoor games. If the weather is nice they are out "exploring" our property... or our area of the state that they came to see.  Remember that having decent internet allows people to find their own amusements on their phone or laptop which is probably more common than using any of the diversions we provide.

Beth55
Level 2
Anacortes, WA

What is an eski table?

Kate862
Level 1
Narrikup, Australia

We leave a deck of cards, a few board games and jigsaws. Always been a hit.

Miranda85
Level 2
Flassans-sur-Issole, France

Hi there’s. I leave a deck of cards and crossword puzzle book ( the latter in English) in our guests space. But if guests bring children then I also have a variety of children’s games to choose from which are multilingual. 

There are also a range of books, magazines and dvds in both French and English....I host in South France 

Miranda

Lisa2015
Level 1
Fort Mill, SC

I love board games and raised my children on them. I wanted to provide games, but my dining room table takes a beating with dice etc. I can't count on my guests to put down the padded table lining. I do like those that provide a deck of cards though! Honestly, I prefer the guest to be out of the house. This is my home as well and cringe when I get home to all the wear and tear on the place. 

David3267
Level 10
Torquay, United Kingdom

Deck of cards, an upmarket wine quiz box set in the upper apartment. Depends on what sort of guests you're pitching at? Wouldn't suggest drinking games in general!

Sheila332
Level 1
McMinnville, OR

I leave a few board games as well as dominos and packs of cards in the common area with a sign directing guests to the closet where additional games and puzzles are available.   I also have jigsaw puzzles, but just 500 piece ones.  More likely guests will be able to start - and finish - a puzzle.    I have Scrabble available, but I also use  Scrabble tiles to leave messages for my guests - ie: “Welcome” or “Hola” or “Bonjour”.  Guests can in turn, leave messages for me!   :  )

Fiona457
Level 1
Marco Island, FL

We have board games and books . It’s great to offer puzzles and a good movie option as well. Even though we are in sunny Florida we sometimes get a rainy afternoon . This helps while away the time. 

Miriam245
Level 2
Torrance, CA

I do provide board games but I don't think they have ever used them. My guests are always out sightseeing and exploring. I also provide books, magazines and maps, and that they use.

Monica994
Level 2
Kernville, CA

Yes!  Our guest love the Chess/Checkers board, and games such as Trivial Pursuit, Monopoly and several other board games.  A deck of cards is a must, and we have poker chips with them.  People comment on this and seem to enjoy the games.  One issue that comes up is when young kids get into them and mix things up between games.  I have them on a higher shelf now which seems to help a bit.