Does anyone know why Airbnb cancelled a guests reservation?

Sunni23
Level 2
Foley, AL

Does anyone know why Airbnb cancelled a guests reservation?

I’m pretty new to Airbnb and I received this message…….”Unfortunately, we’ve received quality assurance information regarding this guest and we’re no longer able to support them as a member of our Airbnb community. Your calendar should now be open for the affected dates.”…..what exactly does this mean???

The guest was verified but wasn’t able to instant book and I wondered why. After some vetting I felt comfortable accepting their request to book but then today Airbnb cancelled their reservation and account. Now that the users account has been deleted, the husband has opened an account and is requesting to stay. I definitely don’t feel comfortable accepting another request from anyone in their party after this. I’m not sure what to say or how to feel about it. HELP!

3 Replies 3
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Sunni23  Contact Airbnb and tell them that the husband of the person whose account they deleted and whose booking they cancelled due to quality assurance  information is now trying to get around it by opening another account and sending another request. Ask customer service to please cancel the request and prevent them from sending you more requests, as you feel unsafe.

The account was likely flagged because their payment method failed, was found to be fraudulent, or the guest was reported for trashing someone's house, throwing a party, or other violations.

I did end up contacting Airbnb and reporting them and it’s exactly what you said. Glad they had my back on that one! Any tips on how to vet people better before accepting a request? I would really appreciate it! Thanks!!!

@Sunni23  Glad that CS was helpful. 

You said you had done some vetting of this guest before accepting and felt okay about her. So what sort of questions did you ask, and what info did she give you that led to you accepting? That would be a helpful starting point to know re giving you any advice on that.