Guest auto confirmed and has two bad reviews

Answered!
Avinash35
Level 2
Richmond Hill, Canada

Guest auto confirmed and has two bad reviews

Hi - I got a booking auto confirmed and the guest has 11 reviews. The guest is arriving in 2 days. Out of 11, 2 reviews are bad in which both hosts are complaining about how dirty the guest left the house. The remaining 9 reviews are good. Will it be appropriate to give a heads-up to guest about this concern in a polite manner, requesting to take care of the unit? is there a way to put filter on such guests so that they are not accepted automatically? 

I will appreciate any tips or suggestions. 

regards, Avi Sohal

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

If you're choosing to use IB you can set it up so that only guests with positive reviews can IB.

and absolutely previously I've contacted guests with poor reviews previously and said I'd seen they had had some previous lower reviews around xxx and asked them for their side of the story .

you can use it as an opportunity to reiterate your check in instructions and your expectations around how your place should be left . @Avinash35 

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

If you're choosing to use IB you can set it up so that only guests with positive reviews can IB.

and absolutely previously I've contacted guests with poor reviews previously and said I'd seen they had had some previous lower reviews around xxx and asked them for their side of the story .

you can use it as an opportunity to reiterate your check in instructions and your expectations around how your place should be left . @Avinash35 

@Avinash35 

Hello Avi-

I had a similar situation once and  I learned the hard way. 

We do not allow guest to instant book. I prefer to make sure a guest is a good fit before allowing them to

stay at our home.  

In addition, I have put my house rules in my listing profile. I make sure guest confirm that they have reviewed the  rules, as I have zero tolerance for guests leaving the house dirty or a mess. 

Also, I politely ask guests about any odd reviews. I find if you are upfront and make guest aware that you expect their respect of your home, they pay attention.   If a guest gives me any push back, I don’t allow them to book. It’s not worth the stress or the drama. 

Best,

John