Guest has booked in error and is requesting refund

Answered!
Amy-N-Paul0
Level 2
Boston, United Kingdom

Guest has booked in error and is requesting refund

Hi superhosts! 
I was wondering if one of you can help me please? I’ve had a gentleman book in error, he thought that my property was a 6 bedroom when it fact it is a 3 bedroom property. So he has cancelled, but it has charged him the full amount. He has requested a refund from me of the full price. If I send him the full price back, will I be charged commissions or anything as I will be losing out on a guests error? Sorry but I cannot find an area for extra help as a newby to becoming a superhost! Thanks in advance and best wishes and happy hosting to all ❤️

1 Best Answer

Hi! Many thanks for your reply. The guests requested it through the resolution centre. I rang customer services straight away and the lady on the phone was excellent! She sorted it in minutes for me. Thankyou so much! Happy hosting! X

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Amy-N-Paul0 When Airbnb sent you a cancellation email there is an option in it to provide a full refund. Just click on this and Airbnb will refund their bit and you won't get paid. Do not refund anything direct or through the resolution centre.

My only warning, if you are near the VAT threshold is that Airbnb may include the booking in your revenue figures. Income tax wise its not a problem as there is a balancing refund. 

Hi! Many thanks for your reply. The guests requested it through the resolution centre. I rang customer services straight away and the lady on the phone was excellent! She sorted it in minutes for me. Thankyou so much! Happy hosting! X