Guest of 3 month reservation wanting to cancel within 2 weeks

Sotiria6
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Guest of 3 month reservation wanting to cancel within 2 weeks

My guest wants to leave within 2 weeks as she booked the room for 3 months yet her University is further than she expected.

The cancellation is saying that I am entitled to all the money till Dec yet I want to be fair and only keep the money for 1.5 months out of the 3 months the place was booked to cover for all the other reservations that I rejected.

I feel this is fair on both sides?

I had a potential tenant yet felt it would be rushes as he was making comments on my looks.

The thing I am scared of is the review as I have a 5 star now and all my tenants have been lovely.

And I have proof showing that she is very satisfied with the room any my help,she even got me a gift!

I feel if a review is unfair,Airbnb would not remove it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance:)

5 Replies 5
Joelle43
Top Contributor
Cannes, France

Hello @Sotiria6 

That's surprising that you're seeing you would be paid until December as normally this is considered a long term booking and as such the cancellation policy is different.

Guests have to pay the first month up front and then have to give one months notice to the host without seeking host approval.  It can be less if host and guest come to an arrangement.

Here's the official Airbnb link on the subject:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1361

Sotiria6
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Thank you ! 

I called Airbnb and they said I am entitled to the whole fee of the entire stay as the reservation has already started so it’s less than 28 days..

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

If the guest cancels a long stay then they cancel and lose 30 days you wouldn't be entitled to the fee for their whole stay till December @Sotiria6 

Joelle43
Top Contributor
Cannes, France

@Sotiria6 - so CS are saying that the highlighted lines are no longer valid?  Your guest moved in early September is that right?

The change may happen automatically if:

• It's before the trip and the reservation is still 28 nights or longer
  • The trip has started, but it’s a month or more until the end date
  • The alteration is initiated by guest
  • The start date is not changed
  • The alteration is made with a month notice
  • The reservation is not to be extended

@Helen3 

Sotiria6
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Thank you !