Guest wants to change reservation to less dates than my minimum.

Answered!
Kathleane0
Level 2
Santa Ana, CA

Guest wants to change reservation to less dates than my minimum.

I have a 2 night minimum. A guest has asked to reduce her booking to 1 night. I'm okay with this, let her know there would be an additional $25 added to my nightly rate for one night and asked her to make the change on her end.

The stumbling block is that ABnB system won't let her change her booking because it runs up against my 2 night minimum.

Does anyone have any idea as to how to handle this?

1 Best Answer
Shelley159
Top Contributor
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @Kathleane0 

You can go to Calendar, Availability, Trip Length. Click Minimum nights and then go to "customise by check-in day". There you can customise it to one night for the applicable day of the week only, wait for the guest to make the change, and change it back again afterwards. It's essentially the same as what @Mike-And-Jane0 said, but slightly less risky as it only temporarily affects bookings starting on that day of the week.

Alternatively, if you're risk-averse and you're using professional tools, make a rule for a 1-night minimum and apply it only to that particular night on the calendar. But I agree with @Mike-And-Jane0 that it's probably not necessary to make too much of it - it's unlikely something will go wrong within a short time, as long as the guest is quick to make the change and you're quick to set your minimum back to 2 nights.

View Best Answer in original post

9 Replies 9
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Kathleane0 change your rules to one night, let her book and then change it back. Highly unlikely anyone else will book in that timeframe

Shelley159
Top Contributor
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @Kathleane0 

You can go to Calendar, Availability, Trip Length. Click Minimum nights and then go to "customise by check-in day". There you can customise it to one night for the applicable day of the week only, wait for the guest to make the change, and change it back again afterwards. It's essentially the same as what @Mike-And-Jane0 said, but slightly less risky as it only temporarily affects bookings starting on that day of the week.

Alternatively, if you're risk-averse and you're using professional tools, make a rule for a 1-night minimum and apply it only to that particular night on the calendar. But I agree with @Mike-And-Jane0 that it's probably not necessary to make too much of it - it's unlikely something will go wrong within a short time, as long as the guest is quick to make the change and you're quick to set your minimum back to 2 nights.

Thank you Shelley. I didn't realize you could customize your minimum dates based on the day of the week. That's quite interesting.

Elisa
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Kathleane0 😊

Thank you for asking this in the community! 

@Shelley159 and @Mike-And-Jane0 shared great advice. 

Did you get a change to follow them? 

Please let us know.

Warm regards🌻,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center

Hi Elisa, I tried to reply to your comment before but the system wouldn't let me. Yes, thank you, changing my minimum to 1 night, the guest changed their reservation and then I changed it back to 2 nights - worked beautifully 🙂

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hiya @Kathleane0 ,

Thanks for letting us know - sorry to hear the forum isn't playing nicely for you. If you have moment and are able, if you can share a screenshot of the issue you're seeing when you try to reply to @Elisa would help a lot in solving the mystery!

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi Elisa,

Thank you for that suggestion. I didn't know we could follow other hosts.

Hi @Kathleane0 😊

I'm glad to know you solved the problem!

By 'follow,' I was referring to whether you tried the advice shared by the two Hosts here. ‌😁

Warm regards‌🌻

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center
Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Kathleane0 

Just a question comes to my mind.  A Guest is willing to pay $25 dollars more than market rate to spend 1 nigh at your listing?  She wants to pay $98 dollars for v1  night in a bedroom with a shared bath?