Guests brought two large dogs without telling me

Andrea1160
Level 2
Colorado Springs, CO

Guests brought two large dogs without telling me

I do allow dogs but these guests didn't mention dogs. Are the guests breaking the rules or just rude? I didn't say anything till today (they're staying for four nights). The neighbor told me the dogs were alone outside whining (on my listing I ask not to leave dogs unattended).

I sent the guests a message and they replied immediately saying it was a mistake and it wouldn't happen again. This hasn't happened before so I'm not sure  what to do.

I wish airbnb had an easy way to add dogs to a reservation but since they don't, I think I will start charging an extra fee for dogs.

5 Replies 5
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Andrea1160  yes, the best is to charge it in cash on arrival bc it seems the resolution center is glitchy these days. Hosts are asking for a pet fee option for years but Airbnb doesn't listen

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi there @Andrea1160 

Sorry hear you had an unpleasant experience with this - I thought I could share some impending updates from Airbnb that may help in the future. We’re really pleased to share some details with you that were recently announced! In the coming weeks, Hosts will be able to add a Pet fee to their listing. 

We have been listening to Host feedback, just like yours, so please do let us know how you like the new service by sharing your thoughts here on the Community Center once it has launched. 

Thanks again,

Stephanie

@Branka-and-Silvia0 tagging Branka too for visibility

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Stephanie  halleluja

Andrea1160
Level 2
Colorado Springs, CO